Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Welcome!


Hello, and welcome to my blog!  This is the painting that made me decide to finally take the plunge and start my own business!  Not to brag...but I just love it!  The colors and patterns make me happy!

Ok, let's back up for a sec.  When I was a kid I loved anything artsy.  I didn't care about dolls and I never once played a team sport, but if markers or beads or drawing were involved, I was your girl!  Well, as you grow up people become less impressed with your coloring skills, so I didn't do much arts and crafts for a while.  But before my son was born I wanted some cute artwork for his walls (more on this later!), so I bought some supplies and sat down to paint.  I had so much fun!  Finally I had discovered coloring for grown-ups!  When it was time to throw a shower for my sweet friend who is adopting little Riley Ann, I saw a picture of her crib bedding and I knew I had to paint something to go with it!  So I sat down to paint again and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  I gave this gift at the shower and several of the ladies asked me if I sold my art.  When I said no they encouraged me that I should.  Since I can only paint so much for my own house I decided why not?  Hopefully I can have some fun and make a little money while I pretend to be a 7-year-old girl again!

I hope you will enjoy my paintings.  Oh, and Riley Ann comes home this week!  God is good and we can't wait to meet her! 


Here is the crib bedding.  Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment